Sunday 22 November 2015

The state of E-sport and Pro Gaming in Uganda

Salcurb-check, premix-check, toxin binder - check.... Cotton 520kgs,sunflower,fish and shells all at 600 kgs... Maize bran we will use 40bags but hold on. I need to first draft tomorrow's blog courtesy of a challenge from tight buddy and fellow gamer Sam.

I haven't written anything in a while and thats because am nolonger gaming or doing anything gamer related to a level I consider pro. In other words I now have a completely different job... Keeping chicken for eggs, call them layers and its a 24hr gig. But it gets me paid so shut up. Once in a while as I chat with local gamer groups and veteran local gamers a Gaming tournament always shows up somewhere, Mortal Kombat X, FIFA 15/16 among a few.. Oh and PES. but i havent actually attended any of these because I don't play any of the games above and not because I don't want but because I can't... At the moment, main reason why  I can't attend is because I don't have a console and my pcs have Intel HD and i3 specs. But can that hold me back from observing the gaming scene... Hell no so here is the current state of the e-sport arena in kampala and maybe Uganda as a Gaming nation.

The organiser, usually the owner of the gaming venue in which case a Gaming parlour decides to host the event. A date is set and the ultimate trophy is decided. The competitors are always required to pay registration fee which is used to raise the trophy... Usually cash trophies, gaming consoles or other gadgets. The date arrives and the event kicks off, knockout stages make sure only the best prevail and in most cases we endup with two head to head hardcore gamers... Winner takes it and the event closes, whatsapp numbers are exchanged for future gamer related stuff... And then the venue closes for the day, everyone is satisfied atleast the organiser gets a good cut off the tournament. BUT....

What happens to our winner of the tournament? Where is their name hung? And apart from getting Street credibility and respect amongst fellow keen gamers, the king of Mortal Kombat X or PES or FIFA or NFS... Where do they go? What tournament does he kill next and what are the future plans apart from demolishing new competition from all the tournaments they get involved in? That's something to discuss in the next blog but for now... I would like to thank Sam for asking me whether I can still blog... Coz i have a feeling I can still blog.

But for now.... I gotta go back and finish this milling thing. Catch you i  the next blog and we figure out what the tournie winner does after the tournament.

1 comment: